James "Jumpy" Geathers (Football, 1982-83)
- A terror at defensive tackle for two seasons
- He was a mountain-sized man along the defensive front, standing 6-foot-7 and weighing 265 pounds
- He possessed extraordinary quickness and athletic ability that made him a quarterback sacking machine
- He recorded 11 sacks as a senior in 1983, including four in a 10-tackle performance against Missouri Southern
- In his career, he amassed 34 tackles behind the line of scrimmage totaling 144 yards in losses
- He recorded six tackles for loss in a victory over West Texas State in 1983
- He made 11 stops against Kansas State in the 1982 game
- In two years, he recorded 141 total tackles
- He was a basketball player in junior college before being recruited to WSU by Coach Willie Jeffries and changing sports
- He was a second-round draft pick of the New Orleans Saints in 1984
- Enjoyed a long professional football career with the New Orleans Saints, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos.
- Inducted, 1998.