Each workout will be held at the Cessna Stadium on the campus of Wichita State University. The three sessions will incorporate training and technique instruction for hurdles, LJ, TJ, HJ, and speed development for track and field sprinters and athletes from all sports. The cost of the Hurdles, Jumps and Speed Development Camp will be $120. To register for the 2013 Summer Hurdles, Jumps, and Speed Development Camp, Click Here.
FRIDAY JUNE 28 - SUNDAY JUNE 30
FRIDAY JULY 12– SUNDAY JULY 14
- How to run and carry the pole properly
- Proper sprint form and speed instruction
- How to analyze film and identify areas that need improvement
- Specific drills that will help you target and master each phase of the vault
- Skill progressions that will help save time and prevent frustration while learning the event.
Activities Will Include...
- Sprint Form Drills
- Underwater Vaulting
- Film Session
- Run & Pole Carry Drills
- Vault Sessions
- Intro to Gymnastics/Gymnastic Drills
- Plant & Take-off Drills
$250.00—Individual Day Camper
$300.00 – Individual Overnight Camper
–only 20 overnight spots available
- RECEIVED AFTER JUNE 11 TH AND JULY 2 WILL BE TAKEN ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS
· FULL PAYMENT TO RESERVE A SPOT PLEASE SEND REGISTRATION FORM AND A $125 DEPOSIT BY JUNE 8, 2013 FOR CAMP 1, AND JULY 2ND FOR CAMP 2
· REGISTRATIONS IS DUE UPON CHECK IN ON FIRST FULL DAY O F CAMP
The Shocker Pole Vault Camp is open to any and all entrants and is only limited by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Each camper receives
t-shirt and water bottle
Come out and Vault with the Shockers and find out how fun pole vaulting can be. Coach Wilson and past and current Shocker pole vault stars will teach you the key elements of becoming a great pole vaulter. The 2014 track season starts now. This is your chance to get a head start on the upcoming seasons. To register for the 2013 Shocker Pole Vault Camp, download the registration form. If you have any questions please call Coach Wilson at 316-708-0579 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you this summer!
Tuesday, July 16, 2013– Friday, July 19, 2013
Meet at NW corner of Cessna Stadium
Come out and run with the Shockers and find out how fun running can be. Coach Hunter and current Shocker distance stars will teach you the key elements of becoming a great distance runner. Our team building activities will help you learn what it takes to be a leader on your team. The 2013 cross country and 2014 track seasons start now. This is your chance to get a head start on the upcoming seasons. If you have any questions please email or call Coach Hunter at email@example.com or 316-978-5547.
We hope to see you in July!
Flexibility and Instruction on running form
Bio-Mechanical Analysis of running form
Instructional talks—Topics may include: Nutrition, Goal Setting, Visualization, Race Tactics, Training Principles, Water Running, Weight Training, and more.
Extra activities for overnight campers
$200.00—Individual Day Camper
$340.00 – Individual Overnight Camper
–only 45 overnight spots available
* $25 discount to teams with 5 or more campers
· TO RESERVE A SPOT PLEASE SEND REGISTRATION FORM AND A $100 DEPOSIT BY JULY 6, 2013
· REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED AFTER JULY 6 WILL BE TAKEN ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS · FULL PAYMENT IS DUE UPON CHECK IN ON TUESDAY, JULY 16, 2013
All Campers will receive a camp T-shirt
To register or learn more information on the 2013 Shocker Distance Running Camp, click here or download the PDF in the quick links section.
2013 Winter Hurdles, Jumps, and Speed Camp
Jan. 15- Jan.31 (Tuesday and Thursday Only)
Welcome to the "Shocker Fitness with Coach Bolt" Hurdles, Jumps and Speed Development Camp! "coach bolt" is Steve Rainbolt, the Wichita State University Head Track and Field Coach. He will be assisted by Heidi Yost, the WSU Jumps Coach and Dylan Hartnett, former WSU track athlete and seven-time MVC Champion sprinter, and other WSU track and field athletes. The Hurdles, Jumps and Speed Development Camp will be held as six workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30 PM on these six dates:
Tuesday, January 15-Thursday, January 17-Tuesday, January 22
Thursday, January 24-Tuesday, January 29-Thursday, January 31