Current Career Opportunities
It is the policy of the Wichita State University Intercollegiate Athletic Association to provide equal employment opportunity and upward mobility for all qualified persons, and to prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status or physical or mental disability. This policy also commits the Athletic Department to take affirmative action to provide motivation and employment opportunities to members of minority groups, women, disabled individuals, disabled veterans, and Vietnam-era veterans. The protections afforded by this policy apply equally to all segments of the University community, i.e. students, unclassified personnel, classified personnel and employees of affiliated corporations.
Wichita State University – ICAA
Director of Track Operations
Wichita State University, a member of the Missouri Valley Conference and sponsor of 15 Division I sports, is seeking applications and nominations for the position Director of Track Operations. This is a full-time 12 month position with full benefits.
Reports to: Head Track and Field Coach
To give administrative support to the Wichita State University Track Department and to project a positive, successful and friendly image of the Wichita State University Athletic Department and the Track and Field Program. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Team Travel Coordinator
· Arrange all travel transportation, including flights, charter buses and rental vehicles
· Arrange hotel accommodations and reservations
· Schedule and organize meals
· Prepare team itineraries
· Coordinate practice times and location
· Handle paperwork for travel cash advances and reconciliation of receipts and unused monies
· Assist in organizing the recruiting schedule for coaching staff
· Arrange all travel for recruiting including transportation and hotels
· Preparation of recruiting documents for campus and in-home visits
· Assist in on campus recruiting and organize campus visits
· Oversee data input and system maintenance of ACS
3. Event Management
· Organize the annual banquet
· Responsible for highlight video of track season
· Oversee special events, e.g. Seniors Night, Annual Sports Banquet, etc.
· Scheduling of teams to compete in home meets
· Serve as meet manager for all home meets
4. Fund Raising
· Communicate with alumni about program and upcoming events
· Assist with fund raising initiatives
· Coordinate with department equipment manager the ordering, distribution and inventory of all team and staff apparel, sport supplies and equipment
· Insure that all video and sport equipment is operating and in good condition
· Responsible for team managers, including hiring, job assignments and any other involvement of managers.
· Handle all phases of academic and study hall through Student Services
· Make arrangements for team vacation meals
· Work with all coaches on any projects needed by them for recruiting, practicing, traveling and mail outs, etc.
· Coordinate mass mail outs.
· Serve as point person for all administrative office tasks required of the department (answering phone, mail distribution, making copies, etc.)
· Handle the purchase of office supplies
*Employee to perform other athletic-related tasks as requested by the Head Track & Field Coach and/or Athletic Administration
Employee agrees to abide by all applicable rules, regulation and legislation of the ICAA, Wichita State University, the Missouri Valley Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Employee may be terminated for good cause for any of the following: a major violation of NCAA rules, gross professional of personal misconduct, refusal to perform the duties required, being convicted of a felony, insubordination or violation of applicable rules, policies or procedures of ICAA.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree; demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office computer programs; knowledge of track and field operations either as an athlete or coach; ability to schedule travel; experience in handling day-to-day office operations; demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Application materials must include cover letter addressing how you meet the qualifications, resume and three professional references with contact information. The combination of the letter and resume must clearly demonstrate that the candidate meets or exceeds all the stated qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Send all information as ONE ATTACHMENT to email@example.com. WSU-ICAA is an AA/EEO Employer and encourages minorities to apply.
The position will remain open until filled, however, for full consideration applications should be submitted by August 8, 2014.